Thursday 15 February 2018

Respiratory System - Creative Common License in a CLIL Lesson

Illustrated by OpenSax College


Hi everyone!!

How are you? Today, I am using an image under creative commons license in a CLIL lesson to learn our respiratory system.

This lesson focuses on learning the main parts of the respiratory systems of the human body and, therefore, the vocabulary related to this system. This vocabulary is the following: 
  • Bronchial tube: right and left main bronchus
  • Lungs (right and left)
  • Diaphragm
  • Oral cavity
  • Pharynx
  • Trachea
  • Nostril
  • Nasal Cavity
  • Larynx
  • Inhalation
  • Exhalation
  • Oxygen
  • Carbon Dioxide

I will use this image in different parts of the lesson. First, I will show the image with label to know what students know about the topic, and then to teach learners not only the parts of the respiratory system or how the respiratory system works but also to explain to the students some breathing techniques for different moments such as while exercising, at times of stress, etc.

Finally, I would like to conclude this post including a brief opinion not he use of images in the teaching-learning process. From my point of view, the teaching-learning process in most cases is usually more effective if the explanation is supported by images or interactive resources because these tools or other more innovative usually awaken in students a greater degree of interest and get this process to become something more entertaining and fun for both the leaner and the teacher.


I hope I have liked it! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

The end comes...

Hi everyone!! In this post I am going to show you my final project (artifact). Until the last moment I did not know how making my artif...