Wednesday 2 May 2018

"Are you alright?"

Hi everybody !!

Finally I can show you the video I made together with my classmates  and that I made a small preview in the last post through the script.
You can follow us in our personal Twitter: Alba (@LaProfe_Alba), Jaime (@RayosCorner), Pedro (@peter_teachs) and Ramón (@RamonEstruch) and me (@beapf12)

Our video has finally been called "Are you alright?" And you can see it below:





It seems to be an easy job but the creation process takes many hours of dedication. In the first place, we had to distribute the functions that each one of us was going to have and make the draft so that we all knew at all times that he was going to treat the video and be able to consult the script at any time. Later we were recording each one of the clips that were going to compose the video where we had to make some modifications with respect to the first idea we had because Alba could not go where we recorded and so that she could leave we adapted her part of the clip recording through a video call and showing a current reality such as being able to assist the doctor without leaving the house simply through technology. After recording each clip I played edit, a more complicated part from my point of view and from which I commissioned with the help of Ramón. We had to learn how to handle iMovie with scenes with Croma because we had not done it before, then go editing each clip and then join them little by little along with the images we wanted to appear on the screen while Pedro was talking. We finished the video by adding the music at the beginning and end with GarageBand and iMovie.

As you can see I do not appear in the video because during the recording I was helping Jaime (recorder) to record the audio of each scene and sometimes showing the text to my teammates.

As I have already said before, my role has been that of an editor. What does it consist of? My role has been to cut out the parts of the videos that were not useful, join some scenes with others and add title, scene of credits and transitions between each of the parts that make up the video. I "made" the final video with the help of Ramón in some parts

We chose the rights of the people because we think it is a complex issue but all students should know, through this video we seek to achieve the following objectives:

  • Know human rights.
  • Know the difference between several situations where rights are present
  • Be aware that not all people enjoy the same rights due to the situations in which we find ourselves
  • Learning to work cooperatively
  • Respect the opinions of other people.
  • Use ICTs to search for information and perform work.

Honestly, at the beginning of the activity I was not sure how useful it would be for me, both personally and professionally, but as the work progressed I have seen that learning in the use of this type of tools and their use is enormous because thanks to resources like this I can show my students a thousand contents or teach them to use it so they can make mini-clips and develop their digital competence in another way. Also, I can also use it for my personal field and I love that.

In the future, I would like to use this tool in the different subjects that I teach to my students (mathematics, language, social sciences, natural sciences and religion) but mainly in the areas of Social Sciences and Natural Sciences since it is taught contents that If they are seen through videos, they are clearer and more motivating.

I think both the use of chroma and the use of tools such as iMovie and GarageBand offer a range of learning possibilities within the digital competition that motivate us to continue researching its use and also in the learning of content.

The truth that this activity has been a great adventure, I was delighted to be able to verify that I am capable of editing videos when at first I thought that it would be almost impossible for me. I will continue working with video editors because now I really want to continue learning about it and make my own videos.


Hope you like it!!

BEA :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

The end comes...

Hi everyone!! In this post I am going to show you my final project (artifact). Until the last moment I did not know how making my artif...